analytics

Monday, March 15, 2010

Go-to easy chicken dinner

This is not what I would call a "sexy" dinner.  It's that meal I turn to when I didn't plan ahead, it's nearing dinner time, and I want to prepare something fast, easy, and delicious.  The ingredients are also always stocked in the kitchen so I know we have them. I use this marinade on chicken and pork so it's quite versatile.  I mix the marinade right in the baking dish to avoid one more thing to wash.  Quickly flip the chicken in the marinade and into the oven it goes.  Thirty-five minutes later, I'm putting dinner onto the table.   I don't even remember now how I came up with the marinade recipe, probably one afternoon I was in the mood for something Asian-inspired and I threw the ingredients together.  I like to serve quinoa and steamed broccoli with the chicken. 


Ginger Soy Chicken
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce or srinacha chile sauce or to taste for more spice
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 lime juiced
1/4 orange, juiced
1 tablespoon orange zest
2 boneless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a baking dish mix all ingredients except chicken.  Add chicken and coat well.  Cover with aluminum foil or a Demarle Octagonal silpat over a large round mold.  Bake for 25 minutes, uncover for the last 5 minutes. 

Sesame Oil Quinoa
Ingredients:
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 3/4 cups quinoa

Bring chicken broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil to boil.  Add quinoa, return to boil, and reduce to simmer.  Simmer for 18 minutes.  All of the broth will have evaporated.  Fluff with fork and serve.

No comments: